Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
How You’ll Shine:
The Assistant General Manager for Resort Operations serves as a supporting role to the General Manager. They will oversee the daily operation of all resort departments including, but not limited to: Guest Services, Housekeeping and Maintenance. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for various financial aspects of the resort and for ensuring all relationships with our guests, associates, sales, vendors and board members are maintained positively and professionally at all times. This role will ensure the site meets quality, internal, and loss prevention standards by performing audits and inspections.
How You'll Make an Impact:
Identify process improvements and best practices. Execute strategic goals, participate/facilitate committee and team plans. Exercise the ability to attract, coach, train, and retain talent by engaging and showing a genuine passion to develop others. Partner with Human Resources to minimize employee relations issues and exposure to litigation with particular emphasis on documentation, harassment and discrimination. You will manage and support financial aspects of the resort. Understand and formulate annual operations budget by identifying areas of cost reductions, operational improvements and periodic analysis of expense data. Work with Corporate accounting team to prepare, review and analyze monthly financial reports and be able to describe impact of revenue, profit or expenses that could affect financial results. Understand monthly P&L reports. Work with regional accounting partners to ensure compliance, manage and forecast annual budgets for each department, review and respond to variances. Ensure the site meets all Internal Audit standards. Build and maintain strong working knowledge of HOA relationship.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance within 30 days of hire.
· Discounted hotel & resort stays PLUS additional travel perks on airfare, car rental, and activities.
· Generous paid time off including holiday, vacation, and sick time accruals – accrue up to 29 days annually.
· Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per year.
· 401K Retirement Savings with company match up to 6%.
· Health & wellness programs including Health Coaches and incentives.
· Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care.
· Various cultural diversity programs and Diversity Resource Groups (DRGs).
· Wish Day – 8 hours paid for volunteering for a local organization or charity.
· Numerous growth and developmental opportunities.
· A role with purpose - to ensure our guests experience the vacation of their dreams!
What You’ll Bring:
· Proven strong leadership ability.
· Demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
· Working Knowledge of Housekeeping, Front Desk, Maintenance, F&B departments.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
· 3-5 years of property, vacation ownership, or hotel management experience required with mixed discipline.
Exhibit working knowledge of standards and documents for HOA, understand governing statues and board meeting procedures scipline.
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.