VP Sales Operations - Asia
3 Phillip Street, #08-03/04, Singapore, Central Singapore, 048692
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our vacation ownership brands, Club Wyndham, Worldmark, Margaritaville Vacation Club, and Shell Vacations Club, include more than 245 vacation club resort locations across the globe. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Senior Vice President Sales and Field Marketing
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
Project/Sales Directors within designated region
Director Sales Operations
Senior Director Strategic Operations & Administration Asia
Director Universal Agent Program
Sales Management; Sales Administration; Corporate Departments, Sales & Marketing Operations
To actively contribute to the company vision of making holiday dreams come true by effective and efficient operation of their designated sales site through ensuring defined targets are met monthly and annually.
The Vice President Sales Operations is responsible for the financial management, sales and marketing staff development and retention, internal and external customer satisfaction and creating positive community relationships.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include but not limited to:)
- Manage the designated region and work with project directors sales and marketing and other key stakeholders to meet business and sales objectives, specifically:
- Tour generation in house/corporate marketing
- Cost per guest efficiencies
- closing percentage
- tour efficiency
- rescission rates
- average sales price
- manage all day-to-day operational efficiencies and costs
- sales volume
- Effectively administer and openly support all Company sales and marketing policies and guidelines
- Support delivery Sales and Marketing targets for the various Regions
- Represent the Company in an ethical, moral, and professional manner at all times
- Provide appropriate training, education and performance monitoring for Project Directors, Sales and Marketing teams
- Continually support and motivate staff to achieve performance goals
- Manage the performance of Sales and Marketing staff and take corrective action where required
- Lead by example in both professional and personal conduct
- Be up to date with and ensure the sales sites conform to industry and Company best practices
- Work proactively to support all Company marketing programs and ensure sales staff are educated on marketing strategies and site generated lead targets are met
- Establish a positive team attitude towards exceeding site generated lead objectives
- Ensure the sales & marketing management teams provide a positive interface with all on-site and corporate departments.
- Develop community relations between the Company and the neighbourhood through positive representation and proactive community awareness
- Utilise sales, marketing, and fiscal reports to assist in managing the Region’s profitability
- Actively supporting and modelling compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure currency of required permits, licenses certifications etc. to enable sales operations
- Ensure all employees stay current with required government licenses, work permits, etc.
- Build, develop and manage an engaged team with a positive attitude and living our core values of Integrity, Leadership, Innovation and Growth
- Provide regular coaching, mentoring and feedback to the team to ensure continued development and identify training needs
- Establish service quality standards based on internal customer requirements
- Identify trends/root causes and take action to ensure desired results are achieved
- Develop and sponsor initiatives that foster open communication
- Consult with appropriate stakeholders to obtain agreement or remove barriers before implementing change
- Employees must ensure they comply with WVRAP’s OH&S Policy, procedures and any reasonable instruction given by WVRAP.
- Employees must not willfully place at risk the health and safety of themselves or any other persons in the workplace and to not willfully or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided for health and safety.
- Display innovation through inspiring, creating and improving processes and products.
- Show integrity in all aspects of the position by doing the right thing, taking responsibility, and delivering on the promise.
- Display leadership values by ensuring effective communication and respecting your peers and managers.
- Support others within the team and empower each other wherever possible.
KEY POSITION CRITERIA:
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in management of timeshare sales environment in the Asia Pacific region
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Demonstrated empathy and the ability to build upon other people’s ideas
- Proven ability to implement alternative methods to achieve goals in the face of obstacles
- Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines without compromising quality
- Proven leadership, motivating, coaching and performance management skills
- Ability to plan for line requirements and attract, recruit and retain quality sales staff
- High level application and focus to drive sales and marketing (using sales techniques such as building rapport, needs/values selling, negotiating, and closing the sale)
- Strong personal values regarding customer service, delivering on the promise and integrity
- Solutions focus and problem-solving ability
- Ability to conduct effective meetings
- Knowledge and application of sales techniques such as building rapport, needs/values selling, negotiating, and closing the sale
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude and ability to inspire same in others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works positively and constructively with all levels within the Company
- Presents oneself as a professional role model
- Ability to works effectively with all level’s employees and guests
- Ability to recognise financial trends and their application to the business and to put in place plans to enhance profitability of the sales site
Working knowledge of computer software and sales applications
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.