Senior Financial Systems Engineer
Central Location, Orlando, Florida, United States, 32821
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a focus on vacation ownership, travel memberships, and exchange programs, we’re shaping the future of leisure travel by creating new possibilities for vacationers. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
The Sr. Engineer, Financial Systems is responsible for supporting, maintaining and enhancing the Oracle suite of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) products including Oracle eBusiness Suite (eBS), Oracle Human Resources (HRMS), PeopleSoft Financials, and other related technologies in a Shared Services environment. The Sr. Engineer will be responsible for architecting, developing and maintaining solutions within the Oracle suite of ERP products based on business needs and best practices. This person will establish and maintain positive business relationships with managers and staff in their functional and technical areas and work closely with them to identify opportunities to improve and accelerate ERP supported business processes.
How You'll Shine:
- Application Delivery – this includes design, build, test, user acceptance and deployment of enhancements to the application suite to improve existing and add new functionality.
- Support – this includes change application break fix and tech stack maintenance.
- Technical Subject Matter Expert for Oracle eBS, HRMS and PeopleSoft Financials Delivery & Support.
- Participate in meetings to determine business needs, architect and develop technical specifications and design solutions based on module capabilities.
- Manage service improvement initiatives with Business Super Users, internal IT and project teams and vendors in identifying and leading evolutions in system performance, availability, and data quality.
- Actively participate in application upgrades, fully understand new technical background related to enhanced functionality delivered by the upgrade; become familiar with the upgrade architecture, and provide reliable post-upgrade technical guidance and support.
- Document technical architecture and solutions; develop test scripts for unit and integration testing, training, administration and documentation for Incident and Change Management.
- Research and provide technical recommendations that will solve business problems or gaps identified with current and future application versions.
- Identify additional opportunities to enhance the alignment of business processes and application capabilities.
- Responsible for training and mentoring other Oracle ERP technical resources within the team where applicable.
- Provides technical system architecture and exports technical components using tools such as Oracle Forms/Reports 10g, Oracle Database 12C, Oracle SQL Developer and Workflow Builder.
What You'll Bring:
- 8 years’ of experience working with Oracle eBS, HRMS, PeopleSoft Financials and related technologies. Ideally this experience will include Oracle e-business suite 12.2 and PeopleSoft Financials 9.2.
- 8 years’ of experience developing solutions and performing code review using Oracle tools including PL/SQL, Oracle Forms & Report builder.
- 8 years’ experience with Data Conversion/Migrations, Inbound / Outbound interfaces, Reports, Forms and Customizations.
- Demonstrable expertise in SQL, PL/SQL and performance tuning.
- Demonstrable expertise in Oracle Forms (Development and Personalization), BI Publisher Reports, Oracle Workflows.
- Robust knowledge of using Oracle APIs for interfaces to Oracle eBS, HRMS and PeopleSoft Financials.
- Robust knowledge and understanding of functional flows for Finance and Supply Chain Management.
- OAF experience preferable.
- Experience with Oracle eBS Supply Chain Management preferable.
- Demonstrated knowledge across IT disciplines and technologies and has a broad understanding of IT standards and methodologies.
- Ability to learn rapidly and to apply formal training to new software environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How You'll Be Rewarded:
We offer a diverse range of comprehensive health and welfare benefits to associates who work 30 or more hours per week to meet your needs and support you throughout your career with us. Travel + Leisure Co. benefits include:
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life and accident coverage
- Depending on position, paid time off, parental leave and holidays (speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Wish day paid time to volunteer at an approved organization of your choice
- 401k with employer match (subject to eligibility requirements, including tenure - speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Legal and identify theft plan
- Voluntary income protection benefits
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.