Senior Financial Accountant
2F-1 Business Center 9, Philexcel Business Park, Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga, Philippines, 2023
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our vacation ownership brands, Club Wyndham, Worldmark, Margaritaville Vacation Club, and Shell Vacations Club, include more than 245 vacation club resort locations across the globe. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Accounting Manager – WVC South Pacific Clark
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
Bundall Accounting Team
Resort Accounting Team
Club Accounting Team
Clark Accounting Team
External and Internal Auditors
Various Department heads
To actively contribute to the company vision of making holiday dreams come true by:
- Providing support for the accounting system that is compliant with relevant accounting standards and processes.
- Producing accurate and timely financial reports and statistics reflecting the performance and financial status of the Wyndham business units.
- Ensuring tight financial controls are maintained and enhanced in compliance with group directives, policies and sound accounting practices.
- Providing accounting process advice and support for all business program initiatives.
- Assisting the Accounting Manager with delivery of financial and accounting projects.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include but not limited to:)
- Preparation and posting of general journals, and resolution of queries from stakeholders
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant accounting standards and statutes.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis (or shorter timing depending on the account)
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and liaison with external auditors
- Preparation of Technical Papers and Accounting Memorandums
- Identify any areas of weakness in controls and recommend/take action.
- Ensure that all reasonable directions given with regards to health and safety are followed, to not willfully place at risk the health and safety of yourself or any person in the workplace and to not willfully or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided for health and safety.
- Display a Count On Me! service to all internal and external parties.
- Display innovation through inspiring, creating and improving processes and products.
- Show integrity in all aspects of the position by doing the right thing, taking responsibility and delivering on the promise.
- Display leadership values by ensuring effective communication and respecting your peers and managers. Support others within the team and empower each other wherever possible.
- Perform additional tasks as requested from time to time
KEY POSITION CRITERIA:
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least 5 years significant years of experience in similar role
- Current exposure to Australian and GAAP Accounting Standards
- Exposure to Financial Statements preparation, general ledger accounting maintenance and reconciliations
- Skills to research relevant areas of general accounting
- Proficient at writing Technical Papers and Accounting Memorandums
- Experience with Oracle Peoplesoft or similar large-scale General Ledger system
- Experience in complex multiple business structures
- High sense of urgency and deadline driven
- Above average excel skills
- Exposure to a multi-currency environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.