Central Location, Orlando, Florida, United States, 32821
Central Location, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, 46032
Project Management - General
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a focus on vacation ownership, travel memberships, and exchange programs, we’re shaping the future of leisure travel by creating new possibilities for vacationers. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
The Project Manager provides the required leadership on multiple medium and large internal IT or business projects – including financial, scope, schedule and risk management responsibilities. Creates and executes project work plans and revises them accordingly to meet changing needs and adapting the established project management processes and methodology. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of business projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of an Information Technology and Business project teams which are assigned. Works across multiple business areas to manage both IT and business deliverables. Participates in PMO process improvement initiatives and supports PM on-boarding for new staff.
Develops communication plan to provide continuous communication to the project team members, customers, and project sponsors regarding the status of the project.
Identifies resources needed to complete work and collaborates with resource manager(s) to assemble appropriate skills/teams and resources. Manages issues, risks, and changes using appropriate and agreed upon processes and tools established within the Project Management Office.
Determines the project schedules, identifies the critical path and potential risks. Effectively applies the delivery methodology and scheduling standards and enforces them with the project teams. Leads Project Team to maintain project work plans and drafts required deliverables.
Facilitates/participates in project reviews and retrospectives, provides information for audits, status reports, and Executive Review meetings.
Forecasts, manages, and reports on project financials, planned and actual project schedule, and resources utilization. Understands basic revenues models and cost to completion projections making decisions accordingly.
Manages development and processing of funding documentation to meet finance and PMO requirements and process. Works with Strategic Sourcing and Contracts Team to prepare RFPs, MSAs & SOWs.
Participates in process improvement initiatives and PMO onboarding activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline and/or experience
- Preferred PMP and/or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership capabilities, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with and influence clients, team members, management and external groups.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the business/client environment and systems, connectivity and application technological alternatives.
- Strong general business acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of project management life cycle and systems development lifecycle (i.e. Iterative, Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of project management tools, techniques and practices.
- Ability to lead a team and deliver all phases of complex assignments.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability.
- Ability to interact with senior management.
- Understands basic revenue models and cost to completion projections making decisions accordingly
- Process improvement
- Master level of proficiency in MS Office Suite of products, (i.e. Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Understanding of various technologies including, applications, databases, networking, telecommunications and connectivity, and security and compliance.
- Basic familiarity with Clarity or other Portfolio/Program Management Software
- + years of experience in a Project Management role with a background in team development.
- 5+ years in an information technology capacity with understanding of various technologies including, applications, databases, networking, telecommunications and connectivity.
Experience equivalent to the education requirement may be accepted in lieu of the education requirement.
How You'll Be Rewarded
We offer a diverse range of comprehensive health and welfare benefits to associates who work 30 or more hours per week to meet your needs and support you throughout your career with us. Travel + Leisure Co. benefits include:
- Spending accounts
- Life and accident coverage
- Voluntary income protection benefits
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Depending on position, paid time off, parental leave and holidays (speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- 401k with employer match (subject to eligibility requirements, including tenure - speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Legal and identify theft
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.