Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
A Laundry Associate will support general resort operations by washing and processing laundry while maintaining resort quality standards. This position will promote Resort Standards and effectively provide services personally or refer requests to the appropriate department manager as needed to exceed guest expectations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Processes laundry to include loading, operating and unloading washers and dryers: responsible for washing all soiled linens, towels, napkins and tablecloths; and folding and ironing. Understand operation of washing machines and dryers. Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc., as directed by management. Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained. Operate iron as per standard and ensure that it is shut off at
the end of day. Maintain cleanliness of laundry facility and all equipment. Store linens in appropriate shelving. Treats reclaimed linens through spot removal and mending. Folds laundry and stocks shelves. Assists in carrying out monthly linen inventory. Assist in preparing and stocking of housekeeping carts. (55% time)
• Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Handle guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (15% time)
• Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department
Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (15% time)
• Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
• Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
c) Knowledge and skills
• Detail oriented with organizational skills
• Familiarity with cleaning products and equipment
• Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
• Ability to give high priority to customer service
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards
all guests and staff
• Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
d) Technical Skills
• General cleaning concepts
• Use of laundry equipment
e) Job experience
• No experience required
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.