Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
Manage all aspects of the Housekeeping operations using strong customer relations and leadership capabilities to make quick decisions and problem solve to achieve highest quality guest experience while ensuring compliance with quality and financial standards.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Housekeeping Department: Runs daily housekeeping operation of 5 to 400 units, hires, develops and manages a staff of 5 -75 employees, facilitates and organizes the room cleaning, laundry, houseman and common area cleaning functions, resolves daily owner service issues or concerns. (30% time)
2. Leadership: Responsible for employee satisfaction of the department, grows and develops the staff members, communicates information in an effective manner to ensure the staff is well informed and trained, develops talent and succession planning for future leaders, creates action plans for employee feedback ensuring their needs are addressed. (20% time)
3. Responsible for guest service expectations: Coordinate and verify rooms are meeting guest expectations based on company standards, reviews resolution logs to ensure the needs are being met in a timely efficient fashion. (20% time)
4. Supports audit Standards: manages daily completion of all audit standards, QA, IA and LP audits, facilitates training to ensure staff can execute standards and manage performance, creates action plans for AOS feedback, conducts unit inspections to ensure the ROPS DOPS standards are being met. (15% time)
5. Manage and support all financial aspects of the department: Manages various budgets and inventories based on occupancy and units, manages inventory for the budget ensuring pars and stock requirements are met, tracks and completes monthly inventories, oversees payroll for the division, utilizing scheduling tools and forecasting for staffing models. (10% time)
6. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Infrequent travel required for short duration (1-4 days) to attend Corporate/Regional meetings and/or training seminars. Approximately less than 10% travel.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent training/experience
b) Training requirements
• Valid driver’s license
• CPR certification, or to be obtained within 6 month of hire
c) Knowledge and skills
• Understanding of resort financials
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
• Strong leadership skills with ability to coach, mentor, train and develop staff
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong ability to multi task
d) Technical Skills
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs
• Working knowledge of property management systems
• Strong mathematical skills
e) Job experience
• 1 year for tier 1, 1-3 years tier 2, 3+ years tier 3 as housekeeping leader
• One to three years hospitality customer service experience
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.