Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
Serves as a supporting role to the Engineering and Housekeeping team. Will partner with department and/or site leadership in the leadership, planning, organization and direction of the Engineering and Housekeeping department to ensure the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the Company’s expected high quality standards. Will oversee daily operations of the Engineering and Housekeeping departments; provide supervision and direction of Maintenance Technicians, Inventory Clerks, Houseman and Housekeepers; perform safety inspections; maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and regulations; promote highest level of guest and owner satisfaction through housekeeping excellence, and oversight of special projects.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Housekeeping/Laundry and Maintenance Departments: Assist site and department leadership in overall unit and common area cleanliness, as well as ensuring resort units are maintained in working order, and are within standard as outlined in our Internal, Quality Assurance and Loss Prevention Audit Program. Effectively supervises the housekeeping and maintenance process, reporting issues where found, to ensure guest and owner satisfaction. (40% time)
2. Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Foster a positive and engaging work environment based on Count on Me! Service. Demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Support leadership in an effort to ensure proper staffing and scheduling for maximum productivity. (30% time)
3. Collaborate with department leadership and provide financial administrative support to the department: Provide input with department and site leadership regarding financial and operational aspects. Assist with management of monthly budgets, P&L reports, purchasing and inventory control. Assist in controlling costs to achieve maximum profitability. (15% time)
4. Maintain Vendor/Contractor Relationships: Manager 3rd party contractors such as: Landscaping, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Mechanical Contractors. Develop professional relationships with vendors and contractors for resort and capital projects (10% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Infrequent travel required. Approximately less than 5% travel.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Eighteen months of education and/or training beyond high school level in general repair or closely related technical area preferred
b) Training requirements
• Valid Driver’s License
• Knowledge of electrical and plumbing is preferred
• CPO (or willingness to obtain)
• CPR certification (or willingness to obtain)
• OSHA certified preferred
• EPA Certification preferred
c) Knowledge and skills
• Knowledgeable in safety use for general engineering tools and equipment (power tools and shop tools)
• Knowledge and experience with elevators
• Knowledge and experience with pool pumps and filtration systems
• Knowledge of EPA certification and ADA requirements
• Knowledge of power, water and sewer distribution
• Working understanding and ability to read blueprints
• Knowledge of fire codes and fire protection
• Excellent eye for detail/cleanliness
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrate analytical ability to grasp numbers and understand their impact
• Demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action
• Demonstrate highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation
• Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
• Professional appearance and excellent communication skills when dealing with guests, owners, vendors, contractors and corporate personnel.
• Ability to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
d) Technical Skills
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs
• PC skills
• Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
• Key Systems – Saflock
• Power/hand tool operation
• Pump and mechanical motor operation
• Competent skills in basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair
e) Job experience
• One or more years hospitality customer service experience preferred
• One or more years in mechanical fields, such as HVAC, electrical or plumbing
• One or more years related housekeeping experience preferred
• Supervisory experience preferred
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.