Front Office Duty Manager
Mount Whitsunday Drive, Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia, 4802
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our vacation ownership brands, Club Wyndham, Worldmark, Margaritaville Vacation Club, and Shell Vacations Club, include more than 245 vacation club resort locations across the globe. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
GO WHERE NO TWO DAYS ARE THE SAME!
At Wyndham Destinations, we go further as a team. We believe in the impact of a helping hand and the power of vacations. If you love meeting new people and have an enthusiastic approach to delivering excellent customer service, join our Airlie Beach team as the Front Office Duty Manager today!
How You’ll Shine
To actively contribute to this global company’s vision to put the world on vacation, as a Front Office Duty Manager you are responsible for ensuring the efficient day to day operation of the Reception desk including greeting and registering of owners and guests, providing information to local area attractions, administration, as well as managing any guest issues that may arise.
You will also be responsible for building, developing, training and leading a team proactively to promote high levels of customer service.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
Build your career with a value driven organisation that promotes continual growth and development for its people. Some of our many benefits on offer include:
- Immediate start + full time hours
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Subsidised private health insurance
- Professional development funding
- Discounted hotel stays across Australia, Fiji, New Zealand
What You’ll Bring
To be considered for this great opportunity it is essential that you have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven experience in a Front Office department at a supervisory level either as a Team Leader, Shift Supervisor or Duty Manager (3 years is desirab)
- Knowledge of hotel property management systems, Opera preferred
- Events experience highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and active listening
- Detail focused with an organised approach and ability to multitask
- Positive attitude, vibrant and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and exceeding expectations
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in using a computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Bookkeeping /finance experience is highly regarded
- Immaculate presentation and grooming standards
- Ability to work a flexible roster, including weekends and school and public holiday periods
- The capability to work in a fast-paced environment both as part of a team and autonomously
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.