Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
Guest Services Manager
Manage all aspects of the front desk operations using strong customer relations and leadership capabilities to make quick decisions and problem solve to achieve highest quality guest experience while ensuring compliance with quality and financial standards.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Guest Service Department: Foster and maintain positive relations with owners, guests, HOA and all operational departments; Provide superior guest service, assistance, and resolution via written, phone and direct face-to-face communication in response to guest related situations; Evaluate guest and associate survey data and develop processes to increase guest experience and associate satisfaction (30% time)
2. Maintain positive customer
and associate relationships: Hire, train, motivate, recognize, coach and develop guest service associates through implementation of incentives and training plans; Ensure proper staffing and scheduling for maximum productivity; control payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability; Communicate priorities to staff through daily and weekly meetings (20% time)
3. Responsible for guest service expectations: Coordinate and verify guest reservation information; Manage strict room inventory to achieve highest possible room occupancy percentage; Manage guest accounts to ensure correct rates are being applied, appropriate rate authorization is obtained where necessary, and a method of payment is being received; Review incoming groups to ensure all blocking needs and front office requirements are met and relay information to appropriate staff (20% time)
4. Supports audit Standards: Own and manage the Internal Audit process; Ensure departmental compliance with Quality
Assurance, Loss Prevention and safety standards procedures (15% time)
5. Manage and support all financial aspects of the department: Prepare annual department budget by identifying areas of cost reductions, operational improvements, explanation of variances and analysis of
expense data; Maintains cost control and appearance of retail inventory; other duties as assigned (10% time)
6. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• College degree preferred or equivalent training/experience
b) Training requirements
• Valid driver’s license
• CPR certification, or to be obtained within 6 month of hire
c) Knowledge and skills
• Understanding of resort financials
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
• Strong leadership skills with ability to coach, mentor, train
and develop staff
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Detail oriented
d) Technical Skills
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs
• Working knowledge of property management systems
e) Job experience
• Two to three years of management experience 3+ at Resort II III
• Three to five years hospitality customer service experience
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.