Food & Beverage Supervisor - Wyndham Ocean Walk
300 N Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, Florida, United States, 32118
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our vacation ownership brands, Club Wyndham, Worldmark, Margaritaville Vacation Club, and Shell Vacations Club, include more than 245 vacation club resort locations across the globe. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
Food and Beverage Supervisor
The Food and Beverage Supervisor will be responsible for providing excellent guest service as it pertains to the food and beverage outlets of resort. They will supervise the team of cashier, cooks and attendants in the daily operation. They will fill in to cover shifts in the operations when needed. They will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards at all times. They offer training and leadership to staff in the outlets, taking the lead on ordering, rotation, and food handling training.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the Supervisor function of the Food and Beverage department: Supervises the daily operation of the outlets. Ensures all staff are prepared and follow all food handling guidelines. Ensure supplies and stock are available for the daily operation of the outlet. Assists cooks and cashiers with their stations to ensure guest service and satisfaction. Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure orders are taken accurately and completely Offer ideas and suggestions to guests when ordering. Ensure the packaged products are stocked, maintain cleanliness of all food and beverage areas, assist in preparation of food orders, assists in the training of others, completes order forms to ensure all food is fresh and in stock. Offers menu ideas and suggestions along with food promotions (35% time)
2. Maintain positive guest, owner and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Resolve guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiries or concerns to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (35% time)
3. Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure that all food handling processes are followed at all times along with kitchen safety standards. (15% time)
4. Cultivate a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and
• High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
• Food handling training
• OSHA training for kitchen
c) Knowledge and skills
• Organizational Skills..
• Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
• Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to give high priority to customer service.
• Ability to solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Basics to complex kitchen equipment
• Small appliances and kitchen tools knowledge
• Basic knowledge of inventory and rotation of food
• PC – computer skills needed
• Cashier experience required
• Cash handling, counting and moderate calculations required
e) Job experience
• 1-2 year of food service supervision experience
• 1 year of customer service supervision experience in service or retail environment
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
How You'll Be Rewarded:
We offer a diverse range of comprehensive health and welfare benefits to associates who work 30 or more hours per week to meet your needs and support you throughout your career with us. Travel + Leisure Co. benefits include:
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life and accident coverage
- Depending on position, paid time off, parental leave and holidays (speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Wish day paid time to volunteer at an approved organization of your choice
- 401k with employer match (subject to eligibility requirements, including tenure - speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Legal and identify theft plan
- Voluntary income protection benefits
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.