Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
The Doorperson is responsible for ensuring safety of guests, visitors, employees, property and equipment, in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards and Count On Me philosophy. He/She will serve guests by opening doors, hailing taxicabs, answering inquiries and/or assist with baggage; Assist elderly or infirm person(s) into building and/or automobiles; Notify guests of delivery of automobiles, packages, and/or arrival of visitors. Prevent entrance of unauthorized or undesirable persons. Eject inebriated or rowdy person(s) from premises or request security or police in some instances.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible to a cknowledge greet arriving guests/visitors and bid farewell to departing guests/visitors and invite them to return; Assist guests and visitors into and out of their vehicles; Assist guests with loading/unloading luggage into and out of vehicles, Assure safety and security of all guest luggage; Open doors, hail taxicabs, provide direction, answer inquiries; Notify guests of delivery of packages, and/ or arrival of taxi or visitors; Be familiar with all resort services/ features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately; Ensure that all driveways and exits are kept clear; that vehicles are not parked or left standing in illegal spaces; Monitor and maintain cleanliness and organization of assigned work area. (65% time)
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest and associate inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (10% time)
- Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (10% time)
- Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Create a positive and engaging work environment based on Wyndham’s Count On Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
- Perform other duties as assigned. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
c) Knowledge and skills
- Ability to read, write and comprehend routine instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to give high priority to customer service.
- Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions, adapt to changes in external environment and organization.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and night time conditions.
- Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
- Ability to retain knowledge, information and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to react according to SOP in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.
- Be an effective team member and display courteous telephone and radio manners
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances
d) Technical Skills
e) Job experience
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.