Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
The Housekeeping Coordinator will be responsible for the daily synchronization of the Housekeeping operation, including all Housekeeping employees and activities, ensuring the department achieves the highest level of service delivery in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards and Count On Me philosophy. The Housekeeping Coordinator will organize the daily operations of the housekeeping department; schedule, supervise, and train Housekeepers. Generate various operational reports for the Housekeeping department, perform inspections and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System for chemicals (GHS), regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate housekeeping efforts of
the resort: Assist the housekeeping leadership with organization of the housekeeping operation. Schedule, train, assign daily room assignments and cleaning tasks, supervise housekeepers, and perform inspection of rooms according to company’s cleanliness standards. Demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations. Inventory and maintain stock levels of cleaning supplies. Maintain effective record and filling systems; complete all administrative reports accurately and budget expenses. Ensure key control procedures and inventory of communication devices. Communicate room status, process requests and delegates work assignments. The Housekeeping Coordinator liaises with the Engineering, Front Office and In-Room Dining departments. Follow all Occupational Health and Safety regulations. Ensure your area of responsibility meets all company, compliance, and safety standards. (30%
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Respond appropriately to guest and associate inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Partner with Human Resources and department leadership to minimize employee relations issues. (30% time)
- Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (15% time)
- Collaborate with department leadership and support all financial aspects of the housekeeping department: Provide input with the housekeeping leadership with housekeeping department financials, assist with management of monthly department budget and monthly P&L reports. (10%
- Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Create a positive and engaging work environment based on Wyndham’s Count On Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with company standards (10% time)
- Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
- Bi-Lingual preferred
c) Knowledge and skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Have proven strong leadership ability; demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management
and disciplinary action.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
- Ability to ensure administrative functions and duties are assigned and completed according to WD standards.
- Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Destinations values.
- Professional appearance; commands a presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily communicate expectations and follow up
- Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with guests and associates
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Maintain complete knowledge of all housekeeping services, features and hours of operation
- Demonstrate analytical ability to grasp numbers
and understand their impact
d) Technical Skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to learn WynSOS and other WD programs within 3 months
- Key systems
e) Job experience
- Three years of related administrative work experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- One year housekeeping experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.