Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
Now hiring a Quick-Service Line Cook Cook II for our beautiful Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL!
Pay is $15/hour plus FULL benefits - including vacation discounts, medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more!
Cook Job Summary:
The Cook will be responsible for providing excellent guest service as it pertains to the food and beverage outlets of resort. This associate will promptly complete food orders and prepare food ensuring quality. This associate will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards at all times.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the Cook II function of the resort: Prepare food orders in a timely and consistent fashion utilizing equipment such as grill, griddle, fryer, & stove. Follow all standard recipes and menu item build cards. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen by following all food safety and Wyndham standards. Collaborate with fellow team members to ensure kitchen maintains required par levels.
2. Maintain positive guest, owner and associate relationships. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with fellow.
3. Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, & State Food Safety Standards, and Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure that all food handling processes are followed at all times along with kitchen safety standards.
4. Cultivate a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s
Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience.
5. Performs other duties as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
a) Training requirements
Food handling training
OSHA training for kitchen
b) Knowledge and skills
Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos.
Ability to give high priority to customer service.
Ability to solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
Ability to read, write and understand English.
Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff.
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
Must be detail oriented.
c) Technical Skills
Basics to complex kitchen equipment
Small appliances and kitchen tools knowledge
Basic knowledge of inventory and rotation of food
d) Job experience
6 months to 1 year of food service experience preferred
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.