Community Marketing Agent
733 Third Avenue, New York, United States, 10017
Community Marketing Program
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our vacation ownership brands, Club Wyndham, Worldmark, Margaritaville Vacation Club, and Shell Vacations Club, include more than 245 vacation club resort locations across the globe. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
The Community Marketing Agent works with popular local attractions such as malls or theme parks and attends events such as trade shows, festivals, and conferences to connect with the public as a brand ambassador for Wyndham Destinations. In this sales-based role, engages in face-to-face conversations with prospective customers and share information about the vacation club experience. Invites and incentivizes guests to attend award-winning vacation ownership presentations.
How You'll Shine
- Serve as a positive and professional brand ambassador for Wyndham Destinations
- Greet, present, and incentivize prospective customers to attend a sales-preview tour
- Screen and qualify potential customers based on company guidelines
- Make sales-tour reservations and collect required deposits
- Greet, present and incentivize prospective customers to attend a sales presentation in accordance with all company policies, compliance standards and regulatory requirements while maintaining minimum performance goals (80% time)
- Attend all scheduled training sessions, department meetings, keep current on marketing information and materials, keep current on industry trends, and set and review performance goals weekly, monthly and annually. (20%)
What You'll Bring
- Sales and/or marketing experience is preferred, not required. Must maintain production standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment within a shared space.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, general computer skills and smart devices.
- 1 to 3 years of sales and/or marketing experience is preferred, not required.
Experience equivalent to the education requirement may be accepted in lieu of the education requirement.
How You'll Be Rewarded:
We offer a diverse range of comprehensive health and welfare benefits to associates who work 30 or more hours per week to meet your needs and support you throughout your career with us. Travel + Leisure Co. benefits include:
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life and accident coverage
- Depending on position, paid time off, parental leave and holidays (speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Wish day paid time to volunteer at an approved organization of your choice
- 401k with employer match (subject to eligibility requirements, including tenure - speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Legal and identify theft plan
- Voluntary income protection benefits
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
During the initial training period, the hourly wage is $15.00 plus commissions and bonuses. After the initial training period, the compensation is the state’s minimum wage per hour, plus commissions and bonuses.
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.