Assistant Project Manager
Central Location, Orlando, Florida, United States, 32821
Project Management - General
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a focus on vacation ownership, travel memberships, and exchange programs, we’re shaping the future of leisure travel by creating new possibilities for vacationers. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
The Assistant Project Manager will play a key role on the Development Team working with and supporting a team of Project Managers for new resort development as well as updating/renovating existing Wyndham Destinations sites. The Assistant Project Manager will support the Project Team by coordinating with other internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, the Project Design and Engineering Teams, Procurement, Legal, Accounting, Brand Services, IT, Resort Operations, Sales & Marketing, Inventory Management, contractors, and specialty consultants. This role will help deliver Count-on-Me service for new project delivery and mitigate owner/guest impact while delivering exceptional product enhancements at Wyndham Destinations locations.
How You'll Shine:
- Supports the Project Manager and project team members as required by assisting with managing, supervising, coordinating, and monitoring the planning, design, construction and turnover of development projects utilizing project management best practices and working with numerous internal and external stakeholders while reviewing project budget data received from Asset Management.
- Generate Requests for Proposals, perform bid comparisons and maintain project status sheets while preparing contract requests including change orders or amendments for project consultants and vendors.
- Assist with the development and management of the project scope, schedule and budget from inception, design, and construction along with systematic regular reporting utilizing the department’s technology applications and team tools.
- Travel will be required of this position to assigned project locations throughout the United States that could be as much as 20% of the time.
What You'll Bring:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, scheduling software (MS Project or equivalent), and SharePoint.
- Project or Contract Management systems/software
- 2-5 years of comprehensive field/administrative/management experience in the construction industry.
- Hospitality, financial, and commercial construction experience is preferred.
How You'll Be Rewarded
We offer a diverse range of comprehensive health and welfare benefits to associates who work 30 or more hours per week to meet your needs and support you throughout your career with us. Travel + Leisure Co. benefits include:
- Spending accounts
- Life and accident coverage
- Voluntary income protection benefits
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Depending on position, paid time off, parental leave and holidays (speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- 401k with employer match (subject to eligibility requirements, including tenure - speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Legal and identify theft
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.