Assistant Finance Manager
Level 7, 1 Corporate Court, Bundall, Queensland, Australia, 4217
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our vacation ownership brands, Club Wyndham, Worldmark, Margaritaville Vacation Club, and Shell Vacations Club, include more than 245 vacation club resort locations across the globe. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
GO WHERE OPPORTUNITY IS ALWAYS ON.
At Wyndham Destinations, every day is an adventure where drive meets opportunity. If you are looking to work for a company with a family-like culture, potential for growth, and opportunities to learn new skills, join our Bundall Finance team as a Assistant Finance Manager - Hotels!
How You'll Shine
You will be responsible you will be for producing accurate and timely management reports reflecting the performance of the properties that fall in your property portfolio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly financial statements in the relevant software accounting packages ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting practices;
- Actively contribute to the financial performance of the nominated properties;
- Maintain financial forecasting and budgeting models
- Maintain a robust reporting and analysis suite of reports that deliver quality KPI measurement to assist the business to drive profitability and cashflow;
- Ensure the balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and cleared appropriately;
- Report on and control capital expenditure for nominated Resorts;
- Ensure the intercompany accounts are reconciled monthly and appropriate controls are in place to minimize discrepancies;
- Preparation of the annual budgets
- Manage the Capital Expenditure workflow system for the properties under the position’s control;
- Ensure tight financial controls are maintained in accordance with group policies, procedures and accounting practices;
How You’ll Be Rewarded
Build your career with a value driven organisation that promotes continual growth and development for its people. Some of our many benefits on offer include:
- professional development funding
- work from home opportunity several days per week
- discounted hotel stays across Australia, Fiji, New Zealand
- subsidised private health cover*
What You'll Bring
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- Accounting degree
- CPA / CA qualifications
- Knowledge of resort/hotel property management systems
- Experience in resort / hotel accounting
- Excellent understanding of accounting controls required for a hospitality business
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships with offsite managers and key stakeholders
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Where You'll Begin Your Journey
Wyndham Destinations Asia Pacific develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests in a network of 51 resorts across Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Bali, Thailand, Hawaii, Japan and Europe and serves more than 60,000 vacation owners in Club Wyndham South Pacific. Wyndham Destinations Asia Pacific is a division of Wyndham Destinations (NYSE: WYND) the world’s largest vacation ownership and exchange company with more than 25,000 associates worldwide. The Pacific corporate offices are located on the Gold Coast in Australia. Across the Asia Pacific region, we have offices in Singapore, Shanghai, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan and Clark in the Philippines.
A World of Inclusion
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Wyndham Destinations, including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class.
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.