Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
The Activities Associate is responsible for organizing and executing a variety of recreational activities for resort guests. In coordination with the Activities Supervisor, this position will require the ability to operate all guest activities and related areas including but not limited to: activities center, movie theater, fitness center(s), pool(s) and cabanas, banquet room(s), tanning rooms, outdoor games and beaches. The Activities Associate is responsible for providing Count On Me service by consistently creating and enhancing experiences for owners and guests.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide Resorts Activities to Guests. Responsible for creating, planning and executive guest activity programs for the Resort (i.e., arts & crafts, pool games, aerobics movie night,
karaoke, outbound trips to local attractions, BBQ, miniature gold, etc.). Monitor, supervise and assist guests while in the Activity Center. Promote and sign up guests for resort activities. (75% time)
2. Perform Area Audits. Conduct and record inspections of related activity areas in compliance with company standards and requirements. Manage a cash bank following proper cashiering procedures as per internal audit directives (when applicable) (15% time)
3. Attend Training & Meetings. Attend resort and company trainings and meetings. Complete required training as required by company standards. Complete all duties as assigned (5% time).
4. Consistently provide Count on Me Service by practicing the Sequence of Service Steps. Be aware of and handle guest and employee safety and incident issues as they occur. (5% time).
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
• May include depending on location: Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid Certification, Alcohol Awareness Card, Food Server Health Card, Valid Local State Driver’s License
c) Knowledge and skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members
• Able to organize and facilitate group activities
• Must possess a high level of creativity and a customer service mind-set
• Facilitate positive employee image and effective guest relations by demonstrative attention to detail, congeniality, integrity and sound judgment.
• Knowledge of general resort services
• Ability to work an adjusted work schedule, including evenings, weekend and holidays to meet resort operating demands
d) Technical Skills
• Ability to drive large vehicles, shuttles and/or vans.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Micros.
• Ability to learn new programs such as company reporting and associate timekeeping
• Ability to use radio and telephone communication devices and awareness of related etiquette.
e) Job experience
• 1 year experience in customer service or recreation
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.