Central Location, Orlando, Florida, United States, 32821
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a focus on vacation ownership, travel memberships, and exchange programs, we’re shaping the future of leisure travel by creating new possibilities for vacationers. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of invoices in support of the Procurement and Strategic Development accounts payable processes.
How You'll Shine:
- Process FF&E invoices for the Procurement department.
- Log invoices in Excel and send the invoices to the Procurement department.
- Voucher invoices in PeopleSoft for payment based on receipts processed by Procurement.
- Communicate discrepancies between the invoice and receipt to the Procurement department.
- Apply prepayments to vouchers in PeopleSoft.
- Track and follow up with the Procurement department on old invoices.
- Manage a shared email box that includes vendor invoices and communications from vendors and the Procurement department.
- Process construction invoices for the Strategic Development department.
- Research payment inquiries from vendors and internal customers.
- Research invoice discrepancies and communicate with internal and external customers to resolve them.
- Assist with accounting month end reporting/closing duties as needed for invoice accruals.
What You'll Bring:
- High School Diploma
- Accounting-related technical training or 2-year degree preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Accurately and carefully follows established procedures for completing work tasks and ensures high-quality output that is free from errors.
- Successfully incorporates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word)
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Two years of relevant accounting or data entry experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
How You'll Be Rewarded:
We offer a diverse range of comprehensive health and welfare benefits to associates who work 30 or more hours per week to meet your needs and support you throughout your career with us. Travel + Leisure Co. benefits include:
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life and accident coverage
- Depending on position, paid time off, parental leave and holidays (speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Wish day paid time to volunteer at an approved organization of your choice
- 401k with employer match (subject to eligibility requirements, including tenure - speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Legal and identify theft plan
- Voluntary income protection benefits
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.