Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
Target compensation for this position is $27-$30 per hour
$2500 Sign On Bonus
How You'll Shine:
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will serve as a supporting role to the Engineering Manager and/or Assistant Manager. This role partners with the Engineering Manager and/or Assistant Manager in the leadership, planning, organization, and direction for the engineering department the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards. The Maintenance Supervisor will provide supervision and direction of Engineering Technicians, perform safety inspections, maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System for chemicals (GHS), regulations.
How You'll Make an Impact:
· Assist the engineering leadership with management of the engineering department and vendor operations.
· Provide direction and supervision to the Engineering Technicians for daily operations of the engineering department.
· Ensure the engineering department meets all Internal, Quality, and Loss Prevention Audit standards.
· Partner with Human Resources and department leadership to ensure we follow all compliance and work place standards.
· Collaborate with department leadership and support all financial aspects of the engineering department.
· Build strong working vendor/contractor relationships and knowledge of HOA.
· Request and receive bids for presentation to resort management.
· Support and implement resort management strategic initiatives and programs.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance within 30 days of hire.
· Discounted hotel & resort stays PLUS additional travel perks on airfare, car rental, and activities.
· Generous paid time off including holiday, vacation, and sick time accruals – accrue up to 29 days annually.
· Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per year.
· 401K Retirement Savings with company match up to 6%.
· Health & wellness programs including Health Coaches and incentives.
· Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care.
· Various cultural diversity programs and Diversity Resource Groups (DRGs).
· Wish Day – 8 hours paid for volunteering for a local organization or charity.
· Numerous growth and developmental opportunities.
· A role with purpose - to ensure our guests experience the vacation of their dreams!
What you will bring:
· Certification in HVAC, electrical, and plumbing is preferred.
· CPO and CPR (or willingness to obtain).
· OSHA Certified, EPA Certification.
· Strong contractor and vendor negotiation skills.
· Knowledgeable in safety use for power tools and shop tools.
· Knowledgeable and experience with pool pumps and filtration systems.
· Knowledgeable in ADA requirements.
· Working understanding and ability to read blue prints.
· Knowledgeable in fire codes and fire protection.
· Demonstrate analytical ability to grasp numbers and understand their impact (e.g. demonstrated ability to work under pressure).
· Must be able to demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations.
· Strong and proven strong leadership ability as well as excellent communication skills.
· Demonstrate the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
· Presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily communicate expectations and follow up.
· Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with guests and corporate personnel.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Three years of related work experience.
· One year of supervisory experience preferred
· One or more years in mechanical fields such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing.
Hiring Bonus Info
We offer a diverse range of comprehensive health and welfare benefits to associates who work 30 or more hours per week to meet your needs and support you throughout your career with us. Travel + Leisure Co. benefits include:
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.