Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.
Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
The Chief Engineer will provide leadership, planning, organization, and direction for multiple sub-departments, i.e., Engineering, Grounds, Facilities, Inventory and in some cases Housekeeping/Common Area, of a resort in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards. He/ She will be responsible for the financial stability of the department under their leadership, demonstrate working knowledge with analytical ability to grasp the data and the impact to the departments and resort. The Chief Engineer will manage the resort’s engineering and capital projects, determine cost effectiveness of interior and exterior preventative maintenance and perform safety inspections and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the Global Harmonized System for chemicals (GHS),
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for maintaining the overall engineering operation of the resort: Direct and manage the engineering department, capital projects, and vendor operations. Demonstrate a passion and understanding of company goals and ensure your area(s) of responsibility meets all company standards by performing daily audits and inspections. Advises and makes recommendations to Resort Manager on projects pertaining to facilities, building maintenance and reserve projects. Implement the policies and procedures necessary to adhere to all governmental requirements for hazardous harmful materials and equipment, includes management, training, managing of MSDS, disposal, and record keeping. Works with the safety committee and other associates to assure resort safety. This includes performing specific safety training requirements
and ensuring that each employee is properly trained and has a clear understanding of the hazard(s) of their responsibilities. Identify process improvements and best practices; ensure all compliance standards are met. Demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations. Execute strategic goals, participate/facilitate assigned committee and team projects. (35% time)
2. Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Create a positive and engaging work environment based on Wyndham’s Count On Me Philosophy. Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with company standards. Demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Exercise the ability to attract the highest quality of staff through effective hiring and retain talent by engaging, coaching, development, and succession planning. Partner with Human
Resources to minimize employee relations issues and exposure to litigation with particular emphasis on harassment, discrimination and properly terminating employees with appropriate documentation. (35% time)
3. Manage and support all financial aspects of the engineering department(s): Review and maintain engineering department(s) financials, forecast and manage monthly engineering budget, and monthly P&L reports. Work with regional accounting partners to ensure compliance. Ensure the engineering department meets all Internal, Quality, and Loss Prevention Audit standards. (15% time)
4. Build and maintain strong working knowledge of HOA relationship: Present bids and project scope for capital projects. Understand governing statues and board meeting procedures. Collaborate with Resort Manager to ensure all contracts negotiated on behalf of the HOA are presented in correct legal fashion and vetted prior to implementation. (5%time)
5. Be a change
agent for the company. Initiate and implement resort management strategic initiatives and programs. Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate corporate resources as necessary. (5% time)
6. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree, minimum of 5 year related experience.
b) Training requirements
- Certification in HVAC, and/or Electrical, Plumbing
- CPR Certified
- OSHA Certified
- Valid driver’s license
c) Knowledge and skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Develops alternative solutions;
- Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and
progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals
- Strong contractor and vendor negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
- Knowledgeable in safety use for power tools and shop tools
- Knowledgeable use of general engineering tools and equipment
- Knowledgeable and experience with elevators
- Knowledgeable and experience with pool pumps and filtration systems
- Knowledgeable in/or EPA Certification.
- Knowledgeable in ADA requirements.
- Knowledgeable of power, water and sewer distribution.
- Working understanding and ability to read blue
- Knowledgeable in fire codes and fire protection.
- Must be able to troubleshoot/ repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in systems and equipment
- Organizational Skills.
- Possess innate analytical ability to grasp numbers and understand their impact (e.g. demonstrated ability to work under pressure, or possesses good written and oral communication skills).
- Have proven strong leadership ability; demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
- Ability to ensure administrative functions and duties are assigned and completed according to WD standards, including timekeeping, vendor contracts, and personnel action forms.
- Create a
positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Destination values.
- Commands a presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily communicate expectations and follow up.
- Demonstrated knowledge & application of applicable codes, laws & regulations.
- Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with guests and corporate personnel.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
d) Technical Skills
- PC Skills
- Microsoft Office: Word, excel, outlook
- Key systems, Property . Power Tool operation and Pumps and mechanical motors
e) Job experience
- Five years of related work experience
- Two to five years of supervisory or management responsibility
- Three or more years in mechanical fields such as
HVAC, Electrical, plumbing
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.
Enter your details and we'll keep you informed of future career adventures with Travel + Leisure Co.
Career adventures coming your way!