Front Office Manager
316 Port Douglas Road, Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia, 4877
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our vacation ownership brands, Club Wyndham, Worldmark, Margaritaville Vacation Club, and Shell Vacations Club, include more than 245 vacation club resort locations across the globe. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
Go Where No Two Days Are The Same.
At Wyndham Destinations, we are vacation connoisseurs. Come join the fun of putting the world on vacation! We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Front Office Manager to join our Port Douglas team.
How You’ll Shine
As the Front Office Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient day-to-day operation of the resort. This position interacts with owners and guests, all resort departments, the community and the corporate office as necessary. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Motivate and inspire the front office team
- Direct and promote a good working relationship between the various resort departments encouraging team work
- Lead the recruitment, hiring and training of all staff, to assure adequate staffing levels at all times, within the budget guidelines
- Assist the Resort Manager with the planning, implementing and monitoring of policy and procedure
What You’ll Bring
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven management abilities
- Availability and flexibililty to meet with clients to ensure highest standards are met and maintained within reason, this may include working weekend shifts and public holidays
- Demonstrated experience in motivating, inspiring, training, coaching and disciplining employees
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven ability to recognise and solve problems in the workplace
- Ability to multi task and work productively in a fast paced, changing environment
- Experience in Resort Hospitality Management
How You’ll Be Rewarded
Build your career with a value driven organisation that promotes continual growth and development for its people. Some of our many benefits on offer include:
- Professional development funding
- Discounted hotel stays across Australia, Fiji, New Zealand
- Subsidised private health cover upon successful completion of probation
Where You’ll Begin Your Journey
Wyndham Destinations Asia Pacific develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests in a network of 51 resorts across Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Bali, Thailand, Hawaii, Japan and Europe and serves more than 60,000 vacation owners in Club Wyndham South Pacific. Wyndham Destinations Asia Pacific is a division of Wyndham Destinations (NYSE: WYND) the world’s largest vacation ownership and exchange company with more than 25,000 associates worldwide. The Pacific corporate offices are located on the Gold Coast in Australia. Across the Asia Pacific region, we have offices in Singapore, Shanghai, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan and Clark in the Philippines.
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.