Sales & Marketing Manager
九段北, Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, Japan, 102-0073
Resort Operations - General
We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our vacation ownership brands, Club Wyndham, Worldmark, Margaritaville Vacation Club, and Shell Vacations Club, include more than 245 vacation club resort locations across the globe. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
Position: Sales & Marketing Manager
Department: Hospitality, Wyndham Destinations Japan
Reports to: Head of Hospitality, Wyndham Destinations Japan
Dotted line to: Marketing Director APAC
Interacts with: General Manager, Marketing Director APAC, Revenue Manager, Reservations Team, Clients, Media and Travel Agencies
As a Sales & Marketing Manager, you are responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls, and site inspections of the hotels that Wyndham Destination manages in Japan.
Work with Hotel General Managers and Revenue Manager to fine-tune pricing strategies and develop strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable sales revenue.
Work with Marketing Director to develop promotions and awareness campaigns including social media (SNS), influencers, and direct marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive room night production and revenue streams to hotel and resort portfolio
- Generate new sales leads and maintain relationships with clients through sales calls and regular site inspection
- Host site inspection for both guestrooms and meeting rooms including hotel facilities or coordinate the site inspection with the Hotel General Managers
- Work with local third-party partners, including local media, and maintain professional working relationships with local official bodies and tourism boards
- Represent Hotels in various events and exhibitions
- Work closely with Revenue Manager to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Develop and implement the marketing strategy through social(SNS), collaterals, websites and other adhoc campaigns
- Develop the social strategy for SNS as well as creating content, scheduling and posting
- Copywriting for hotel websites and guests communications
- Content audits for websites and partner platforms to ensure accuracy and best practices are implemented
- Ensure brand guidelines are met with attention to detail.
- Support and assist in the development of the annual Business Plan, Hotel Budget and Marketing Plan
A diploma or degree in Business Administration, Marketing Management, or a related major.
- Proven track record with at least 6 years of experience in sales in the hospitality industry
- Understanding of the various channels of distribution used in the marketplace
- Experienced in sales cycle and corporate account management processes
- Established network in travel industry and corporate accounts
- Digitally savvy and experienced with SNS marketing
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, team player, result-oriented individual with strong business acumen
- Proficient in English and Japanese
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.